Personal information includes information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual that is reasonably identifiable, as defined in the Privacy Act (“Personal Information”). For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
We handle Personal Information in our own right and also for and on behalf of our customers and users.
If, at any time, an individual provides Personal Information or other information about someone other than their self, the individual warrants that they have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purposes specified.
What personal information do we collect?
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and/or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and/or services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How do we collect Personal Information?
We may collect these types of Personal Information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
As there are many circumstances in which we may collect information both electronically and physically, we will endeavour to ensure that an individual is always aware of when their Personal Information is being collected.
Why do we collect, use and disclose Personal Information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use promotions conducted by our customers;
- to enable you to access and use our website and associated services which may include an app;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, our products and services, business, our customer’s businesses and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- To send you other information which you may from time to time request;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our customers and users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and products and our partners’ services and products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link on our website or at the footer of any communications we send).
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information ?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may disclose personal information to organisations outside of Australia such as third party suppliers, cloud service providers and business partners.
When you provide your Personal Information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that Personal Information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such Personal Information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect Personal Information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your Personal Information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your Personal Information. This includes appropriately securing our physical facilities and electronic networks. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose an individual’s Personal Information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws), unless otherwise required by the Privacy Act. The collection and use of an individual’s information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
Accessing or correcting your Personal Information
Subject to the Australian Privacy Principles, you can access the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us using the information set out in “Contact Us” section. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your Personal Information. We have an obligation to provide you with such information as soon as practicable, and by no later than 28 days of receiving the written request.
If you think that any Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact us using the details set out in “Contact Us” section. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
If we become aware of any unauthorised access to an individual’s Personal Information, we will inform them at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
The Privacy Officer
Unit 13, 13-15 Burns Road, Heathcote NSW 2233 119 Evans Street Rozelle, NSW 2039
Additions to this policy
Effective: 16 March 2022